Key Industry Trends
- Seafood demand in the Gulf has reached US$ 272 million a year and is forecasted to grow further over the next few years.
- UAE consumes 70 to 100 tonnes of seafood annually - the highest among Gulf states, according to The National newspaper.
- UAE is a gateway to Arab and African markets accounting for 61% of GCC's trade volume. The World Bank estimates MENA food market could exceed US $1trn by 2030.
- Surplus demand for seafood in the UAE is now 137,000 tonnes
- Dubai is the 3rd largest re - exporter in the world.